These REAL Cymothoe sangaris butterfly wings have been preserved into your choice of full-butterfly necklace style. All wings are from, and their purchase further funds conservation efforts. Wing colors, and sizes vary as shown.
Choose sterling silver, or 14/20 gold. Your choice of length. Other metals and customizations available upon request.
.:::Purchase a gift jar for the perfect presentation:::. https://www.etsy.com/listing/109472462/gift-packaging-homemade-butterfly?ref=listings_manager_grid
*Requests for specific hues, sizes, and custom work are welcome. Beadwork is available upon custom request at varying prices.
Wing Preservation Process:
All wing preservation is done collaboratively by Holly Ulm and Greg Sisco. One of 20 starting processes is used, depending on the reactions of the scales covering the wing. All wings undergo scale setting; color preservation (unaltered); initial hardening; at least 4 coats of jeweler's grade epoxy; sanding/sculpting; and finishing. This takes approximately 2 weeks, and renders the wing waterproof, prismatic (in full sun or under a full-spectrum light bulb), non-toxic, and lightweight. The wings are hardened, yet the edges are hand tapered to a perfect finish with similar durability and care as eyeglass lenses. The formulas, tools, and methods used have been custom tailored to suit this proprietary process. No casts or molds.
Our butterflies are purchased from conservation groups around the world, which funds efforts in butterfly repopulation and land conservation. This not only helps the butterfly populations, it also allows us to use gorgeous exotic species. We also preserve donated specimens.
Ways to Help Butterflies:
Butterflies are important pollinators, and their numbers have dropped through the decades. There are many resources online for specifics on helping them thrive. Here are a few of our own:
- Plant native host and food plants for local butterfly and moth species.
- Foster wild-found caterpillars for release. Be sure to learn about caterpillar identification, cleanliness, containers, water, chrysalis/cocoon development, and feeding before getting started.
- Contact local road departments, and collect caterpillars to foster for release before they mow area ditches.
- Get educated about pesticides, and eliminate the use of those that also harm helpers in the food chain.
- Get involved with Wild Ones, Monarch Watch, Xerxes Society, NAMBA, or other wildlife supporting groups.
- Participate in a butterfly count, or other similar volunteer effort.
10% of all profits are additionally donated to butterfly conservation. Thank-you for your support.
Expect fast turn around times through the USPS. Special shipping services available upon request.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
If you have a problem, we'll figure out a solution. We're pretty nice about things. We're from Minnesota. It's in our contract.